Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gotta hear this- it will make you cheer


So my family watched "Facing the Giants" last night. They had seen it before, it was my first time. I didn't expect much and was, thus, unprepared for how emotionally charged the movie was. Despite the bad acting, I found it to be a good movie. Now, I don't know how much of my assessment of it is due to being able to directly relate to a number of situations described in the movie so it may not have quite the same effect on you as it did me, but I'd recommend you at least give it a shot.

Anyhow, the movie put me in mind of a real-life "Facing the Giants" situation that occurred last year and which can be listened to and seen here.

Here is the description of what you will hear from the LA Times: "In the football-crazed Santa Clarita Valley, they will be talking for years about the wild, improbable ending Friday night that saw a golfer, Johnny MacArthur, playing his first year of football, kick a 43-yard field goal with no time left to lift Newhall Hart to a 31-28 victory over Canyon Country Canyon in a Foothill League thriller at Canyon High."

Read the brief notes on the web page, listen to the events unfold to the end- the announcer's commentary about God's providence is amazingly insightful for a non-Christian morning show radio host- and then watch the video.

It will make you cheer. I promise.

No comments: